Well, the saved filters thingy is really the neckbreaker,
which needs to be overhauled in the GUI, even in my mockup
I'm struggling with a nice implementation of the filters.
For now I can think of 2 places, where the existing filters
could be put. Either the filters are put into a select-box beside
or under the search input-field, which would be a nice place,
or it could be put under the tree-list, on the bottom left side.
Have a look at my mockup,
some notes about it:
* The status bar has been removed in favor of more vertical space.
* The logged in user and status has been moved to the top bar.
* 'Favorites' have been added, to save favorite actions/applications.
* Changed the pagination to a page-slider, 'cause I like it. xD
* It is possible to select the view-mode on the bottom rigth side.
* The application buttons and action buttons (add, delete, etc.) are beeing
moved to the top, displayed as two horizontal bars, to have enough space for many
The buttons are not yet finished; I only used dummy-buttons, but I hope
you get the idea. Also the applications icons in the tabbed-navigation should
be larger, maybe 24x24 or 32x32 pixels, but I don't have the time to rebuild them.
The action-bar, with specific actions per application, holds all the availble application-related
actions in the first set and global functions (copy, cut, paste, delete) in the second and third sets.
The placement of the search input-field and the implementation of the saved filters
is not yet solved - maybe we should get some ideas on this, to get it in shape.
What do you think?
- tine20.mockup.png (142.46 KiB) Viewed 1316 times