I like the idea of having a dashboard
Here my technical notes:
* The portal stuff is already in our js builds
* RSS Reader -> Should also become part of Fmail
I've seen that
Nice idea to include it in Felamimail -> but i would like to seperate both.
* Security Considerations Should be the first think to be done:
-> dealing with external js code -> widgets in external iframes?
-> message bus?
I think there 2 types of widgets
1. internal ones -> complete api access
2. external ones installed from admin -> uwa
3. external ones installed by user -> i would deny that by default or architecture
* The UWA approach is to have a widget in one file (including all css/js)
-> this might lead to problems with versioning etc.
correct, but most widget plattforms extract the .widget archive to render it.
That can be done here as well be storing it in a folder with a unique id.
After extraction we have single files. If we store the default widgets already extracted there is no problem with versioning.
The first step should be to create the dashboard with the settings panels and an easy way to add widgets of type 1.
If that is working UWA should be next.