After 3 Month of usage as a single user with one mobile client my access log was over 600.000 entries long and had a size of about 160 MB . This is not good for backup.
I tried to reopen the http://www.tine20.org/bugtracker/view.php?id=2924
but had no rights to do so. Should I open a new ticket?
In my opinion the solution to delete all entries with a given date by calling from command line is not optimal.
1. There only a few shared webhoster who give access to commandline.
2. I was able to help myself by creating a cron job with the commands, but I know not all webhoster allow cron jobs.
3. Using a cron job to truncate automatically is not possible, because it is always necessary to adjust the date.
I would like to wish one or two of the original solutions:
* provide possibility to truncate data in this table via a user defined limit (e.g. keep X days of data)
* option to completely disable logging in this table
Would it be possible to enhance Tinebase.clearTable to use someting like --date="older than last 10 days"