Tine 2.0 Forum

It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:39 am

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:45 pm 
Tine 2.0 Community Contributor

Balazs wrote:
Do I get you right - you suggest to have the (advanced) filter available only in a pop-up and not directly on the screen? If that is so, I would disagree, because the filters need to be combined with the resulting-list. Users would not want to switch windows, open a drop-down or something similar to narrow down the results. Or do I get you wrong? Perhaps you can modify the suggestion from Thasmo a little to visualize your suggestion?

Yes, you got me right, but it was only a quick thought. You're right. It would be a bit cumbersome for the users.

Balazs wrote:
What do the others think? Use browsertabs for different Tine 2.0 states or use tabs inside Tine 2.0 that hold different states?

I still prefer tabs inside Tine 2.0. 8-) But nelius proposal to give the user the possibility to choose if he wants to open a new browser tab by pressing CTRL+click or open a new Tine 2.0 tab by simply clicking would be the optimal solution.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:28 am 

absolutly clear from my opinion insinde tine20 - i know enough people who will get confused with more than one tab.

Perhaps you know OpenGoo http://demo.fengoffice.com/ , they use a tabbed interface ...
I decided to use tine20, because of the clearer and better interface, so have a look, but please do not copy the interface ;)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:54 pm 

ok, i was forced to use tine20 on a netbook today -> for that resolutions a tabbed interface is absolutly a way to have some space on the screen ;)
But do it a bit clearer than OpenGoo did it.

Perhaps it's a solution to put the apps from the left bottom corner into one line if the screen resolution is to low.
Have a look on Outlook 2007 if you resize this area, or see the screenshots.

And one thing that should be definitivly implemented is saving states of apps after logout / reload.
I mean especially: expanded folders / subfolders in felamimail, selected addressbook and calendars and so on.

regards

Kay

Attachments:
20.01.png
20.01.png [ 19.38 KiB | Viewed 2111 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:08 pm 
Tine 2.0 Developer

Thank you all for bringing in your contributions in this challenge!

As we do not want to stop you bringing in ideas, I nevertheless want to declare the "official challenge" for closed :) You really brought in great ideas! It motivates us in our work for Tine 2.0 when we see how involved our users are. It gives us a great feeling and I do encourage you all to keep on bringing you in!

We had a meeting last friday with Lars, Conny and Philipp and me at Metaways in Hamburg to discuss the different ideas presented in this challenge. And as we did not find a final solution to the topics discussed here, we decided to bring some of your (slightly modified) concepts to the test with our next user-survey, starting in the beginning of february. Those concepts will pick up your ideas and have all the Tine 2.0 users decide how to continue with the application frame. So, watch out for the upcoming tests and keep on spreading the word about Tine 2.0!

Thanks again for bringing in your ideas!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:25 pm 

Hopefully I'll win the perfect price. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:23 pm 
Tine 2.0 Developer

You definitely will... :)

Jump to: